Solving acne problems does not have to be an impossible task, regardless of your age, sex, genetic makeup, or otherwise. All you need to do is learn some techniques that effectively get your face exceptionally clean. Although the modern chain store offers aisles full of chemically-laced solutions, most people could suffice by simply pulling a few ingredients from their cupboards. Remedies for acne are growing in popularity, as more and more people are reaching for natural and cost efficient ways to take care of themselves. Some people have no real issue with acne breakouts, while others seem to deal with the problem all the time. Despite the differences, both types of people should understand the value of homespun therapies over store bought tonics.
The benefits of a more natural approach to skincare are innumerable; and unfortunately, so are the causes. Creating something that works for you may require just a little bit of trial and error on your part.
Common Skin Problems
The type of homemade skincare product you choose to make should weigh heavily on the type of problem you are having. The most common skin problems that can be treated with an at-home mixture include, but are not limited to: enlarged or clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, oiliness, dryness, acne, combination complexion, and more.
If you do it right, you will literally be able to create a tailor-made facial cleanser or mask with homemade acne treatments.
Basic Supplies Needed for Homebound Skincare
In order for you to make the best out of your efforts to clear your skin at home, you will need some basic supplies. For starters, be sure you have plenty of clean towels and washcloths. Washing or drying your face with dirty or pre-used cloths can spread bacteria and make your breakout even worse. In addition, you want to be sure that you have some bowls that can be set aside for the expressed purposes of mixing your facial care concoctions. Using containers that are also used for food or other cleaning supplies can ultimately ruin your complexion.
Once you have everything gathered and you think you are ready, try using an effective at home acne treatment with one of these common products:
- Toothpaste: Our grandmothers used it to clear pimples and there is a clear reason why. Dabbing a bit of toothpaste on a blemish will try it out, reducing its size and its redness. The application has to be kept on for quite a while though, so it needs to be something that you do when you have nowhere to be for a bit. Make sure you start with a clean face and moisturize after you are done.
- Lemon Juice: Reach into your refrigerator and pull out your lemon juice, it’s time for you to start using it to clear your skin. In fact, lemon juice shrinks pores too; and it does wonders on redness and oiliness. Just be sure that you use it sparingly, and always use an oil-free moisturizer after each application to prevent excess dryness.
- Aspirin and Water: Your house is practically filled with homemade acne remedies. For instance, your medicine cabinet holds more than perfumes and elixirs, it holds the key to clearer more beautiful skin. Simply crush up a couple aspirin in a small bowl and add a little water to create a paste. Apply the paste to your problem areas and let it dry before wiping it off with warm water. This treatment is especially great for redness and inflammation.
- Egg whites: You can use eggs for more that breakfast if you know about the best home remedy for acne. For generations, people with problematic skin have been using egg whites to create a mask that clears and shrinks pores while correcting acne. What they do is simple: separate an egg from the yolk and apply it to the face until it dries. Wipe with clean, wet cloth and apply a post-wash moisturizer to seal the deal.
- Visene: This too is one of the best acne treatment home remedies, mostly because it is fast acting and portable. Applying Visene to your pimples will help make them shrink while reducing redness. Great for those breakouts that just won’t go away, this eye saving liquid is perfect for complexion-challenged people on the go.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A common homespun fix for zits, apple cider vinegar goes to work to clear breakouts and smooth the skin. You can find it in any local grocery store for really cheap; and when you’re done with your skincare regimen you can cook some yummy dinner.
Always consult with your dermatologist before using any of these homemade remedies for acne.
As natural as these solutions may be, you might still have some sort of allergic reaction. As always, it is better to be safe than sorry.